For the first time in American Marketing Association history, two active chapters have merged. The Cleveland and Akron/Canton chapters combined to form one powerhouse Northeast Ohio chapter: AMA NEO.
“This is such an amazing time to be a marketing professional in Northeast Ohio,” AMA NEO president Jennifer Norris said. “By combining the strength and the people of these two vibrant chapters, we will be able to provide enhanced programming, more comprehensive resource access, greater networking and more impactful partnership opportunities.”
Benefits For You
As one big, happy family, our members can look forward to the following benefits:
- Better Value: With close to 300 members, you will now have even more peers and resources from which to learn. This means more networking opportunities with a larger diversity of industries and interests. Our larger membership base will also allow us to leverage better benefits from partners.
- Stronger Management: By merging the chapter boards, we will benefit from more experience, connections and knowledge. This allows us to better serve you.
- More Programming and Events: We'll offer consistent events throughout Northeast Ohio, including Special Interest Group meetings, luncheons and dinners, and Mix@6 Happy Hours. Plus, members will continue to receive an average 40% discount on events.
- National AMA Resources: You'll continue to have access to AMA.org resources, including publications, webcasts, conferences, and more.
What You Need To Do
With the merger, there will be some new resources that may affect how you engage with the AMA.
The good news is that you don't need to do anything with your membership. Your membership has already transferred to the AMA NEO.
We are working on the new online home for the AMA NEO at www.AMANEO.org. Stay tuned for more updates!
We are creating social media channels for AMA NEO in Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. In the meantime, you'll notice the new branding and images on all of our current accounts.
Both Cleveland and Akron/Canton AMA email subscribers won't need to do anything. You'll automatically receive AMA NEO emails.
Stay updated on the latest AMA NEO information by subscribing to our newsletter here.
AMA NEO Board of Directors
The Cleveland and Akron boards will integrate into one board to combine the best of both worlds. Our goal is to be the local marketing resource to help our members succeed in their careers. The Board includes:
- Jennifer Norris, President
- Madeline Malicki, President-Elect
- Jeanine King, VP of Programming
- Eric Barnett, VP of Volunteers
- Ruth Wisniewski, VP of Membership
- Kasey Crabtree, VP of Culture and Community
- Pete Stadler, VP of Communications
- Morgan Neal, VP of Partnerships
- Jason Brueckner, VP of Marketing Strategy
- Lukas Treu, Secretary
- Patty Delmonico, Executive Director
- Melissa Love, Treasurer
- Marie Cutlip, Treasurer
- Julie Mamula, Collegiate Relations Chair
We're making history in Northeast Ohio! There's never been a better time to be an AMA member in Northeast Ohio. If you're not a member, join now and take advantage of all we have to offer!